The Health Care Committee organizes an annual meeting for CEOs and others working in Catholic-sponsored institutions that provide health care to Kentucky’s citizens. Papers presented during these events include
- Health Care Summit Remarks by Bishop Ronald W. Gainer (Nov. 11, 2010)
- Health Care Summit Summary of Bishop Ronald Gainer (Nov. 4, 2009)
- Bishop Gainer’s Reflections of Hope and Healing (Nov. 5, 2008)
- Marianne Potina Shared Advocacy for the Common Good (Nov. 5, 2008)
- Health Care Summit Speech by Bishop Ronald Gainer (Oct. 30, 2007)
- Mission and Margin by Sister Luann Bender (Nov. 8, 2007)
- Mission and Margin by Sr Judy Raley, SCN (July 30, 2010)
The 2010 health care debate in Congress is over and there is a new law in the United States that, though seriously flawed, did contain elements that eventually will provide health insurance and benefits to millions of U. S. residents. We encourage you to maintain an interest in this important area of human life and dignity and visit the U.S. Conference of Bishop’s health care reform web page for additional information about the Church’s teachings.
The Catholic Conference of Kentucky is also a partner in Kentucky Voices for Health, an organization advocating to increase the number of insured persons in Kentucky.